Monday, November 10, 2008

Hopeful sign


Across the street, the cenizo's blooming. I just noticed it this morning. Typically, cenizo (Leucophyllum frutescens) blooms after rainfall. On a bulletin this morning, I read someone's post about how cenizo flowers can also predict rain. Most of today, the skies have been cloudy and gray. There's actually rain forecasted (50 percent chance), and the radar shows storms in the region. We need rain so very desperately.

After I snapped the photo, I snipped off two short branches (5 inches or so) and stuck them in water in our kitchen. On the same bulletin board, I also read that cenizo easily roots from cuttings. That'd be cool if they do.

More cool IF WE GET SOME RAIN!!!

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

I hope that Cenizo is right. We got 1/2 inch of rain on Monday, but we really need much more. I have never heard of the Cenizo blooming before a rain. Mine always blooms after!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Post a Comment