Friday, January 14, 2011

Butterfly site updated

Last July, I e-mailed Kelly with the Butterflies and Moths of North America website. I wanted to tell her about sighting a snowberry clearwing moth in our Wildscape. It's not documented for our county. This morning, I received a note back that their new website is up and running.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to get to your email," Kelly wrote. "Thanks for sending in this sighting. I'll try to get it up on the new website as soon as I can. We have a new layout now where you can submit sightings directly onto the website and get them approved directly for immediate updates. Hopefully it will speed things up. If you choose to check it out, let me know if it gives you any trouble."

I've checked it out, and the site has wonderful graphics and tools. Look at the monarch account, for example. Very nice! I'm gonna register right this minute!

Thanks, Kelly! Great job, everyone with BMNA!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings from a Texas (DFW) Bio teacher. I just stumbled across your blog and am planning to follow it as both a bio guy and as an avid photographer. Thanks for sharing. You seem to have lots of good thing to share!

Cheers!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Hey welcome, John! And thank you for all the nice things you said. BTW, I write monthly plant/animal bios for the Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine. Maybe some of those would be helpful in your class. Happy new year!

Post a Comment