Sunday, October 6, 2013

New additions


 

From Blanco Gardens: Orange esperanza, two fall asters and a common senna (Senna corymbosa). 
Fall native plant sale at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center: Mexican buckeye (Ungnadia speciosa), Virginia creepers (two), blue mistflower (Conoclinium coelestrinum), Berlandier's trumpets (Acleisanthes obtusa), woolly ironweed (Vernonia lindheimeri) and Engelmann's sage (Salvia engelmannii).

This yet unidentified caterpillar child came on a Virginia creeper. 

UPDATE-This is grapeleaf skeletonizer (Harrisina americana), which is "considered to be a pest of Virginia creeper" per Maury Heiman on Bugguide.net.

2 comments:

Brittany Taylor said...

Yes! I saw those caterpillars in my garden eating the leaves of my pink evening primrose and it was driving me nuts that I couldn't ID it! Thanks for your post :)

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Well, you're so welcome!!

Post a Comment