Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mostly Native Plant Sale



Lately, I'd been living for TODAY. Because today was the Cibolo Nature Center's annual Mostly Native Plant Sale in Boerne! Oh, how I love love LOVE this sale, held at the Kendall County Fairgrounds every April. 
James visits with salvia vendor Jerry Morrisey from San Antonio.

Today, we arrived two minutes after 9 a.m. (they opened at 9). Right away, I zipped over to the big booth hosted by the  Native Plant Society of Texas/Boerne Chapter and bought their last Texas milkweed. In all, I came home with...oh...around 14 or so plants (I'll list them in a separate post). Then, right before we left the fairgrounds at 11, I snuck in one more purchase and bought a zizotes milkweed (photo below) from the Monarch Watch program. What can I say!? I love milkweeds! And penstemons...and sumacs...and.....

No comments:

Post a Comment