Friday, March 24, 2017

Passiflora lutea spreading!

Several years ago, I discovered yellow passionflower (Passiflora lutea), a native passionflower growing on our neighbor's side of the fence. I was thrilled! With her permission, I dug up a few and planted them on our side of the fence in June 2013. One made it and had been coming back in the spring ever since. For the past week or so, I'd been watching the site where it grew. Nothing. I was sad. Would I have to dig up another one? 

But WAIT! Yesterday, I spotted TWO new passionflower vines coming up a few feet away from the original vine! O happy day! That's why passionflowers do best, you know–spread underground and show up somewhere else. Sometimes they get to be a pain. However, I'm quite excited about my P. lutea spreading. In case you can't tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment