Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A public thank you

God,

I'd just like to thank you for August. Honest. From the bottom of my heart and the insides and outsides of it, thank you for an August like I've never experienced before. I mean, I ALWAYS dread Augusts. They've ALWAYS gone like this: Burning temperatures. Rainless skies. Wilted plants. Cracked ground. It's just a terrible month to endure. 

But not this past August, which officially ended yesterday.

Amazingly, our temperatures mostly stayed in the 80s and low to mid 90s. We even had RAIN. RAIN? Yes, rain! Not once did James and I "drag the hose," which we usually do every other morning just to help our plants make it through August. Now that I think about it, July was pretty amazing, too. We didn't drag the hose that month either. Thank you, God, for July.

But I confess. I feel a bit guilty when I see other places across the country suffering with wildfires and hurricanes and flooding and tornadoes. All those catastrophic things that weather can cause. Well, yes, I remember. We did have a terrible time with Winter Storm Uri in February. Maybe August was a little payback for all that ice? I guess only You know the answer to that.

Anyway, I just wanted to pause and thank you, God. Thank you for sending us rain and cooler temperatures in August. I'll never forget. And I'm likely going to throw a tantrum next August when everything goes back to Texas normal...

Just joking, God. Honest. 😇

  

1 comment:

Post a Comment