Monday, June 5, 2023

More Arkansas wildlife

Last month, we made yet another trip to Arkansas. Along the way up, I observed this stunning io moth (Automeris io) on the outside of the entrance door to the Hico Koffee Kup. I tried to move it to a safer place, and it ended up flying up into some high tree branches across a nearby street. Relief!

In Eureka Springs, I came up this golden-backed snipe fly couple (Chrysopilus thoracicus) making more. They're just gorgeous!
At the King's River, this box turtle (Terrapene sp.) said hello....
And I finally caught a shot of a question mark (Polygonia interrogationis) that was sunning and flitting on the rocky river bank.

And this wrinkled soldier beetle (Padabrus rugosulus) shared the counter where we were enjoying drinks and views of downtown from the Basin Hotel's baloney. Another great trip!

I had to get photos of this sign (that's ribwort plaintain). Guin, a shop owner, posted several of these along her property. I loved it! We're nature sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment