Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Owls in both boxes!

 


So this is very exciting news! We’ve had two Owl Shacks up since 2008. In recent weeks, we’ve been seeing one eastern screech owl (top photo) roost regularly. Then yesterday, I observed an owl in the same box, but it behaved differently. Its head was just above the opening. Then it dropped down and vanished. 

Well, this evening, I looked over at our other Owl Shack in the Meadow and saw an owl roosting in that one! Then it disappeared. But when James and I were both in the back yard, I glanced over at the box in the Meadow and the second photo is what I saw! An owl peeping out! Meanwhile, the other owl was roosting in the other box, as usual. Fingers crossed that we have owlets this year. As far as we know, we haven’t had a brood in a box since 2009.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Linda!!

Post a Comment