Friday, April 14, 2023

2023 TMN class visits

Patty and Stephen Harrell
Yesterday I presented my "Spiders of Central Texas" program to the 2023 class of Texas Master Naturalists with the Highland Lakes chapter. Later, everyone came to tour our gardens. Just before they arrived, I found an eastern carpenter bee on our driveway. I scooped her up and carried her around. See the pollen sacs on her legs? That means she visited some antelope horns flowers. It was a beautiful day to be outside! I wish I gotten more photo, but at least I got these. After everyone left, I gently placed my bee friend on our damianita flowers. 

Before I gave my spider presentation, Patty Ritchie Harrell gave me the BEST introduction ever before my presentation. So personal! That's because she, her sister Claire, and I grew up on the same street in Calallen (Corpus Christi). To top that, she married Stephen Harrell, whose younger brother graduated with me from Calallen High School. If you'll recall, my husband James also graduated from Calallen. THANK YOU, PATTY!


No comments:

Post a Comment