Monday, May 8, 2023

Our "vacant property"

 

 Thus began one of numerous copy-and-paste letters that we get from agents outside of Blanco offering to sell or buy our properties. I finally got fed up and emailed this one last Friday. Naturally, no reply.

Here's what I wrote to that person. I included the photo and my blog link:

 

Dear Xx. X xxxx:


In regards to your recent letter about our “vacant property” at the corner of Ninth and Cedar streets in Blanco, it is NOT. It is a very special piece of land where lots and lots of native plants grow. I nurture antelope horns and other milkweeds for monarchs. I am also trying to rescue neighborhood natives that are being destroyed by development and bringing them to our property. Our diversity of fauna has increased tremendously because my husband and I have planted primarily Texas natives. 

Perhaps you would like to drop by sometime and see for yourself? We’d be happy to give you a tour.
 
 
Sincerely, 
sheryl rodgers

1 comment:

Shirley Fox said...

That's a good response! There's a lot going on in that meadow. I can hear the sounds of my neighbors construction adding 2400 s.f. to a 2300 s.f. house as I read this post.

Post a Comment