Thursday, March 25, 2010

Paintbrushes in the Meadow


What a cool surprise! When we were strolling through the Meadow the other day, James spotted these....Indian paintbrushes (Castilleja inidivisa)! It's the first time I remember them ever blooming there. They're beautiful and just getting started.


A month or so ago, we threw out some seeds that we bought from the Wildseed Farm near Stonewall. I saved the packets: moss verbena (uh oh, not a true native), tickseed, wine cup, Maximilian sunflower, standing cypress and rocket larkspur. We'll see!

And oh my goodness, the red columbine has taken over a front bed! They just started blooming this past week....

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Beautiful photos. You don't need any D70 setting advice from me -- you could give me some!

Post a Comment