Sunday, April 18, 2010

New additions

Happy belated birthday to me! I'm way behind in blogging. I actually turned 50-again back in late March. I requested "real" flowers for my birthday, specifically four-nerve daisy. I also suggested we climb Enchanted Rock State Natural Area and take a picnic. Well, James and I didn't picnic (instead we shared dinner out with my mother, Marcelle Smith), but we did make it to the summit of the rock. Where we did something else I wanted to do....

Up there, we met Nicholas, a little boy from San Antonio and his father. I let Nicholas fly my kite, and he loved it! Afterward, he and his dad continued to the top of Enchanted Rock. I was impressed. Reminded me of my son, Patrick, who used to hike a lot with his grandfather, Harry Smith.
Tetraneuris scaposa

In case you're wondering, yes, I got my four-nerve daisy. I also landed a pot of Hill Country penstemon and some chocolate daisy. So I came out pretty darn good for my 50-again birthday, right?
Hill Country penstemon 
Penstemon triflorus DIED


Chocolate daisy 
Berlandiera lyrata DIED


No comments:

Post a Comment