Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day in the Wildscape


Actually, I should be more accurate and say this is two days before Mother's Day in our Wildscape. Last Friday, I helped out with "Day in the Park," an annual event for third graders at Blanco State Park. I was gone all morning and returned home after 1 p.m. or so. When I stepped into my office, I saw the blinds part way up and a white envelope propped on the window sill. I picked up the envelope and then headed into our bedroom to change clothes.

"I found an envelope!" I hollered to James.

"Did you look outside?" he asked.

"No," I replied. He was already in the office. Perplexed but wondering if he might have bought me a bird bath after all, I walked back over to the window. 

OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn't believe what I saw! Not only a bird bath but a brand new flower bed! Already planted with salvias and lantanas! 

I opened the envelope....it was a sweet Mother's Day card from James. Now that's a LOT of love, right?

 

P.S. Now it's getting even harder to write! Instead of working, I've got more to watch out my window instead! THANK YOU, JAMES! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment