Monday, July 2, 2012

After the rains



Yesterday, God blessed us with a little more than an inch of rain! I was sitting in my office, reading, when I happened to glance out the window. Tiny winged insects were flying upward from the ground and into the sky. Apparently, the moisture had triggered their emergence. What were they? I ran outside with my camera and caught a few in my hand. The photos aren't great, but I did my best....

UPDATE...BAD NEWS! THOSE WINGED THINGS ARE TERMITES! Likely a native subterranean species. Ugh! I'm reading up now about them, including a FAQ posted online by AgriLife Extension. They were swarming yesterday....  


James walked outside, too, and spotted this small toad in the Meadow.
The raindrops on the lilies in the stock tank pond were pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment