Saturday, April 9, 2016

New additions


You knew I would, right? You knew I'd get up at 6:30 this morning, drink some coffee, and then head with James to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin. You knew why, right? Of course, you did. It's their annual native plant sale, and it's awfully hard for me to pass those up. 

This year, we decided we'd try and go on a Saturday instead of Sunday. (And yes, I know about their member-only sales; I just couldn't make it yesterday.) We arrived at the gate at 8:30 and would have been FIRST in line, except James passed up the gate until I hollered TURN THERE! In a nutshell, the plant sale is very popular. The cars showed up by the truckloads today. We were glad we arrived when we did.

So here are my new friends:

Barbara's-buttons Marshallia caespitosa 
Beebalm (2) Monarda fistulosa
Big red sage Salvia penstemonoides
Rock penstemon Penstemon baccharifolius
Fragrant mimosa Mimosa borealis
Gayfeather (3) Liatris mucronata
Gray golden aster Heterotheca canescens
Purple prairie clover (2) Dalea purpurea var. purpurea
Texas skeleton plant Lygodesmia texana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all this activity in honor of my birthday.

Post a Comment