Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Welcome, spring?

Gulf fritillary on last of quince blooms
Hi! Remember me? It's been a while since I've blogged. Typically, I go into hiding when the temps drop and the sun disappears. But lately, we've had a few nice days, and I've ventured outside to begin my pruning tasks. This afternoon, it's 84 degrees out there! Welcome to spring in Texas! It could be blustery and cold one day, and the exact opposite in 24 hours. 

Speaking of spring, it's begun for sure..... 
Tenpetal anemone
First daffodil!

Maximilian sunflower stems need my attention

Rusty blackhaw viburnum leafing out!

American robin
Fragrant mistflower needy, too.

I've tackled most of the inland sea oats.

Mexican hats ready to get growing!

2 comments:

Lauren A said...

Have missed reading your posts! Because of you I've saved many a spider... a small wolf spider just last night while making my bed. and the cobweb spider who is just as much a pet as the dog now... our house is definitely a spider friendly house!

And tenpetal anemone! I never knew what those were called!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Really? You save spiders now? That's so cool. Makes me smile smile smile. When I get to heaven, maybe a whole lot of spiders are gonna greet me at the pearly gates! :-) Thank you!

Post a Comment