Monday, October 2, 2017

Hanky panky in the tanky

A scene after the honeymoon....
This morning, James was staring out our kitchen window.

"What ya lookin' at?" I asked.

"Oh, the frog is having a great time out there," he said, nodding toward our stock tank in the back yard. "She's diving in and out and just having a lot of fun."

"Hmmmm, I've never seen her do that before," I said.

From the dining room window, I  took a gander through my binoculars.

"Uh, James," I said. "There's TWO heads out there. And they seem to be honeymooning...."

"Yeah?" He looked again. "Oh, yeah, you're right! There are two frogs!" 

So this morning we had a little hanky panky going on in the stock tank between a pair of Rio Grande leopard frogs. I 'spect we'll be in the family way soon. Make way for tadpoles!

P.S. I remember last year worrying about tadpoles coming so late in the season (September 29). These will be even later! Plus, I don't think we had any tadpoles that made it to maturity last year. 

 (Photos below taken this evening...the honeymoon continues.)



No comments:

Post a Comment