Monday, February 19, 2018

One super bad mistake

 
I know, James. I KNOW. I KNOW. I KNOW. I KNOW. 

I should NEVER have planted those agaves or whatever they are in our "cacti garden" back in 2009. But it WAS a nice idea at the time, right? (See the photo below. Wasn't it lovely?) Well, I've seen learned that agaves are wicked wicked wicked. They reproduce like mad rabbits and take over the joint. I hate them. Anyway, I decided that today was THE DAY. I decided I'd go out there to the Meadow and take'em out.
BIG HA!
April 2009
Before Sheryl got to work
Take a look at me after two and a half hours of "taking them out." Not a pretty sight, wouldn't you agree?
As you can see from the photo below, I jumped ship. Yes, I got some out. But it was after much hacking and huffing and puffing that I was able to remove what I did. But I have a feeling that they've all sent out vibes to amp up their reproduction speed. Grrr.



They're trying to bump out my red yucca. I hate them.
After Sheryl jumped ship. Much work still remains to be done. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could make some money selling those. Some of them are pretty big! How about a Craigslist "you dig them, they're free" incentive. (They look like Agave lopantha.)

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Yes, that's an idea. I just wouldn't want people traipsing through our Meadow. The bluebonnets are on their way to spring blooming! :-)

Post a Comment