Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Take a peek

Ever since I joined iNaturalist in October 2015, I've posted my nature observations there and not so much on my blog any more. That said, I thought I'd share some cool and unusual critters I've seen, going back to March. Nearly all were new species for me. To date now, our "The Pink House, TX, US" species list has reached 511! My goal: 1,000 someday.
Jagged ambush bug (Genus Phymata)

Long-tailed skipper (Urbanus proteus)
Clearwing moth (Carmenta armasata)
Southern spreadwing (Lestes australis)
Ichneumonid wasp (Compsocryptus texensis)
Thread-waisted wasp (Podium rufipes)
Rufous hummingbird (Selaphorus rufus). James Hearn/photo

Black assassin (Apiomerus longispinis)

Two-lined spittlebug (Prosapia bicincta)
Four-lined plant bug (Poecilocapsus lineatus)
Mournful thyris moth (Thyris sepulchralis)

No comments:

Post a Comment