Thursday, March 4, 2021

New aquatic friends

So the last few of my gambusias did die after all. I found one belly up a few days ago in the stock tank. In the beginning, we decided to go with gambusias because we thought they'd go undetected and survive longer. A while ago, I bought a dozen "minnows" from our local hardware store but realized they were too BIG (think fish bait!). Hey, I couldn't see them in their tub's murky water. Hello, refund! 

So I went with two goldfish instead for $1.99 each. We shall see if they survive and for how long. We do have green herons in the neighborhood. Just so you know, I will try VERY hard not to get too attached to these little guys. Uh, oh, they do sorta stand out in the water. Hmmmmmm....


BREAKING NEWS! I just spotted three gambusia! Oh, dear, I should have waited about goldfish. I don't think everyone is gonna get along....


No comments:

Post a Comment