Saturday, May 18, 2024

Blanco fifth graders and spiders

Last Wednesday, I spent most of my day with fifth graders at Blanco Elementary School. I lightened up my "Spiders of Central Texas" slide program and presented it to four science classes. Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Blenden! I hope we make this an annual tradition. P.S. She told me later that day that her students were already saving and identifying spiders on campus! Time well invested, I'd say.

UPDATE: Look! Oh, my goodness, I'm so touched and very impressed! Mrs. Blenden's students hand wrote me thank-you cards for my spider presentation! Many of them told me their favorite spiders (jumping spiders mostly and a few wolfs) and what they learned. How thoughtful! I enjoyed my time with them very much. Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment