Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love from Nature

On a whim, my camera and I went outside to see what we could find in the way of heart shapes this afternoon. Didn't take long to find these tiny heart-shaped leaves tucked into the dirt in the back yard. I'm not sure what they are, but they used to thrive in my rose bush bed out front. They prefer decaying matter, I've noticed.

And what's Valentine's Day without a rose...or two or three? James, my sweet husband, sent me a dozen today (and three to Lindsey). I couldn't resist a shot of one. They are beautiful and so perfectly shaped.

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!


Add Image

2 comments:

Kristin Lea said...

Ohhh!! I hate those little weeds (in the top picture) NO, NO, I loath those weeds. They were my nemesis last spring, they took over all my gardens. Then they snuck into my dreams...those weeds made me a mad woman last spring. Luckily we don't have any here...

......... said...

Beautiful husband story and photos. I am following your blog now and find it a great encouragement. Love the daffodil too.

Post a Comment