Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wow, what a nice plug!

Check out the March 2009 issue of Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine! My editor there, Robert Macias, gave this blog a wonderful mention in his "Foreword" column! I'm so very honored.

Robert writes: "...I strongly recommend taking a look at the blog of one of our regular contributors, Sheryl Smith-Rodgers. Now, first let me say I' not normally a big fan of blogs. When the blog phenomenon first appeared on the scene a few years ago, most of them seemed to be focused largely on rambling, whining and demonstrating that there really is a need for professional editors in this world.

"Sheryl's blog, on the other hand, is well written, entertaining and chock-full of interesting tidbits about the flora and fauna inhabiting her wildscape. In a recent entry, she wrote about rehabilitating a bee: 'I dashed back inside the house and found a container of honey in the kitchen. I mixed a tad with some water in the lid of a water bottle. Using a toothpick, I applied some to the stem where the bees sat. Right away, it began to sip! In fact, for several minutes the bee drank the liquid while I snapped photos. Finally it began to wash itself like a cat.....'

Fromm birds to blooms to Sheryl's personal favorite–spiders—there's always something new to see in her Central Texas yard. When an insect or bird appears in her garden that she can't identify, Sheryl kicks into journalistic mode and figures out what it is. It's info-tainment at its best."

Oh, my stars over Blanco, Robert! Thank you so much! You're just the bee's knees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice mention, Sheryl. Congratulations!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Thanks so much, Pam!

Post a Comment