Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts of pruning

Bleak. Dreary. Gray. Damp. Winter's tough. Nearly everything in our Wildscape is brown, brittle and dead looking. But yesterday, amazingly, I spotted a medium-sized Gulf fritillary!! Honest! On a small passionflower vine that's still green. Plus, a tattered red admiral visited in the back yard. It rested and sunned on our rock patio. Red admirals LOVE our new patio.

I'm going to do some research and post a "pruning" list. Now and then, people ask when they should prune this or that. Some I know, many I don't. So I'm going to compile a list that I can refer to and you readers as well.

Happy new year, y'all!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I look forward to your list. There's lots of bare bones I'd like to cut back, but I don't want to promote new growth that'll just get nipped off by a freeze.

Post a Comment