Friday, December 31, 2010

Uh oh

So I'm in the middle of reading a great book, Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife With Native Plants by Douglas Tallamy. When all of a sudden, I come across a discussion on butterfly bush (Buddleja species) and these plants are NOT native to North America!

YIKES!!


Bad me! When I started this blog in May 2008, I chose a photo I'd taken of butterfly bush bloom in our Wildscape. Not good at all!! Especially when I'm promoting the use of native plants in home landscapes.

Right away, I set the book down, headed straight to my desk and replaced the photo! Hence, the crab spider you see now, perched on a coneflower.

Just so you know, I also started toying around with new blog templates. I confess–change can be hard sometimes (especially at my age), but I did it....Look, A NEW LOOK FOR THE NEW YEAR!

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Kristin Lea said...

i love the topper picture. such wonderful colors, that translucent spider is pretty awesome looking!! Such a good eye....I hope you have a safe and wonderful new years!!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Thank you, Kristin!! She's a crab spider. I can do a pretty good crab impersonation, by the way. Happy new year to you too!!!

Post a Comment