Saturday, September 20, 2014

Second spring has sprung plus a frog



Meet my little froggy friend that lives now and then in a potted plant on our rock patio. I think it's a gray treefrog. I love to check and see if he/she is there. I have a plastic pot of pigeonberry set inside a larger porcelain pot. This frog likes to scooch between the two and probably enjoy the water that collects at the bottom (no drainage holes on the large pot.


Yes, all the rains have triggered our fall "spring," another beautiful time of the year! My tropical milkweeds (above) are nearly as tall as me! And the Linheimer senna is flowering (below). 

A jungle of turk's cap

Texas milk squeezed in one more bloom

Zinnias are faithfully reseeding and blooming

Love the sedums

Volunteer salvia coccineas blooming.

2 comments:

TexasDeb said...

Such a lovely time of year, isn't it?! Your frog certainly has plenty of water now I imagine, after the rains brought our way by Odile. I never thought I'd be saying "I'm glad the rain is over for a while" but I am. I have work to do and seed I'm hoping will germinate before they get washed away. Yay Fall!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Oh, love love love how the gardens rebound with rains and cooler temps. :-)

Post a Comment