Thursday, July 7, 2016

This and a lot of that

Today, I took my camera outside and photographed some blooms I'd been wanting to share. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been out of commission lately here on my blog. Plus, I'm having eye (focusing) problems, which makes taking photos kinda hard. But I gave it my best shot this morning, and here are some pictures.

In the last week or so, I've noticed dragonflies and damselflies in our gardens. I caught a couple of them relaxing on mulch and flowers. So cool! 

Texas milkweed
American beautyberry
Black-eyed susan
Phlox 'John Fanick'
Flame acanthus
Damselfly
Bromeliad
Gambusia in our stock tank pond
Butterflyweed
Woolly ironweed
Coralbean
You may remember that we transplanted this five-year-old coralbean last March because it wasn't doing well in a front flower bed. It was stunted and chewed on by our local deer. Well, not any more! It's happy happy happy and growing growing growing in the back !

No comments:

Post a Comment