Saturday, August 11, 2018

Lazarus the 3rd

Yes, here we go again. This morning, I checked our water bucket and found ANOTHER Texas ironclad beetle on the bottom. THIS time I took photos. Can you see him in the lower right quadrant of the bucket? He was dead dead dead. For the back story, go back to October 2015's "You're never going to believe this," "Discussion about Lazarus, my ironclad beetle," and last week's "Rejoicing with Lazarus 2."
A closer-up shot of him on the bottom of the bucket.




About 10 or so minutes later, his white coloring started returning.



But an hour and a half later, he still wasn't moving AT ALL. I feared maybe this time this beetle wouldn't make it.
But WAIT!

He came back to life!
This time, I marked my beetle friend with some dabs of nail polish. I want to see if the same beetle somehow returns to the water bucket. We'll see!

So off we go, back into the world. Good luck! I'll be watching out for you, Lazarus the 3rd!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you tagged him. Can't wait to see if he's a regular.

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

He is, he is!

Post a Comment