Friday, September 13, 2019

Going to a better home

Many years ago, I found a beautiful nipple cactus, growing on our neighbor's adjoining property. I took a photo in March 2012. Our sweet neighbor, who's since gone to heaven, told us that we should dig it up and plant it in our yard. I didn't want to do that. I wanted the cactus, which had been there since who knows when, to live at peace right where it was. 

Well, more than a year ago, I noticed that the cactus was dying. So I dug up what I could and stuck the pieces in two pots. To my amazement, the little ones are doing great! They even survived last winter in our garage. 

I still don't want to plant them in our yard. So they're going to live at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, where I have lots of good friends (humans and plants–LOL!). I believe conservationists there will honor the history and heritage of these cacti.




This yellow yucca is also going to live at the Wildflower Center. It actually came as a baby from there five years ago. We just never planted it and don't really have a good place for it. Happy new life, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment