Friday, April 15, 2022

I'm in a museum!

(Not my image)

This is the fun part of having a blog. You just never where posts may lead you. Back in July 2014, I made a "When bees to go to bed" post. The post includes some of my favorite photos that I've taken in our Wildscape. I haven't seen bees roost like that since. (You'll have to check out the post!) Anyway, on April 10, 2020, I received this email: "I am a docent at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and with your permission would love to use the subject photo for educational purposes only at the museum. Of course, I would credit you as the photographer. Buzz H." 

I granted him permission and asked that he send me a photo of how he was going to use it.

Last Thursday, Buzz emailed me: "Two years ago you gave me permission to use your sleeping bees photo for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum’s internal document that docents use to interpret bees to museum visitors. You asked me to send me a photo about how your photo is being used. The document is now in use at the museum. I have attached a photo of the document’s cover page and a photo of the page that has your photo. By the way, our museum is also involved with the University of Arizona and Pima Community College in a collaborative native bee research effort called the Tucson Bee Collaborative." Isn't this just COOL!?? Thank you, Buzz!


 

2 comments:

James Hearn said...

Very cool!

Regina Levoy said...

Times like these are when you know you are being seen and heard!

Post a Comment