Friday, May 22, 2009

What's blooming

So much is blooming and changing in our Wildscape that I can't keep up! I'm way behind in photographing and posting on this blog. But here goes!

Inland sea oats
Chasmanthium latifolium
These are so beautiful right now, full and thick with seed fronds.

Rock rose
Pavonia lasiopetala

Longwood blue
Caryopteris clandonensis

Blue mistflower
The queens and monarchs arrived as soon as these started to bloom a few weeks ago.

Butterfly bush

Salvia 'Hot Lips'
I took these photos several weeks ago but am just now posting them. I love these
little flowers, and the two plants are flourishing in a front bed.

Salvia 'Hot Lips'

Even our little chives sent up a bloom!

Greenthread
Thelesperma filifolium
Over in our meadow, we have several species of wildflowers
blooming, including tons of greenthreads plus...

Prairie verbena
Glandularia bipinnatifida

Indian blanket (firewheel)
Gaillardia pulchella

And the cacti that neighbor Jeri Bowles gave us is blooming!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I found you blog via Blotanical, and I wanted to let you know how very much I enjoyed your photos in today's post. They are beautiful; thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

So much blooming and so beautiful. Don't the flowers look completely different when taking a macro shot of one part of the bloom?

Cheryl Zinsmeyer said...

Sheryl, your photos are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing -- you're making me a bit homesick for Central Texas!

Post a Comment