Saturday, April 9, 2016

No more problem planter (we hope)

I didn't take a "before" of the larger box so here's a photo of the smaller planter that's still in its "natural" state.
My daughter and I moved into this house in April 2002. Then James moved in after we married in May 2006. In all these years, I've never done a thing to two built-in, brick planters on the front of house. Truth be told, I never had the desire. Maybe it's because I've heard from so many people about the beautiful hydrangeas that the previous owner, Mrs. Bendele, grew in the boxes. I sure wasn't going to attempt those! I was satisfied with the volunteer coleus that reseeded themselves every year. Good enough. 

Then Linda and Charlotte brought us a slew of plants this past week! Why not put some in the long box? James loved the idea so off he went for potting soil. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone loves their new home. 

  Pink mint (Stachys drummondii)
 Salvia 'Lollie Jackson' and Celosia 'Flamingo Flower'
 Salvia 'La Trinidad'

No comments:

Post a Comment