Thursday, April 28, 2016

Plant marker refurb project






As you can see, my plant tags are wearing out and not looking so good. In preparation for our anniversary celebration/garden tours Saturday, I'm refurbishing as many as I can. Last week, Diane, a Master Gardener from Horseshoe Bay, told I needed to get a "P-Touch" so I could label my markers.

A WHAT? I had no clue what she was talking about.

Then I got online and found some on good ol' Amazon. Sheryl ordered a P-Touch PT-D400, and she's been a labeling fool ever since. (Thanks, Diane!) Don't they look nice? Oh, yes, it's a bit of work. I round up yucky ones in our garden, take them apart and clean them up. (I use an old toothbrush to brush off debris and reform their shapes.) Then I type out labels and apply them right on the old tag. We'll see how long the tags last out in the weather. But I love how I can reuse zinc markers that I was no longer able to write on. Yee haw!




No comments:

Post a Comment