Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Farewell to a friend

For nearly 20 years, this wooden wind chime of Noah's Ark hung both in my former yard and our Wildscape. Patrick, my son who's half past 31, presented it to me for my birthday probably around 1999 or 2000. The chime was handmade and painted by our dear friend, Martha, who's now serving as Blanco mayor. This morning, I was sad to see its rotted condition when James rapped on my office window to show me. 

Farewell, friend. Thank you for your many years of sweet jingles.



4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sorry you lost this sweet wind chime. Are you going to make another one using the tubes?

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

I should but I’m not very gifted that way. 😊

Rock rose said...

I think its amazing that it has lasted so long. Texas weather is hard on wood products. I have learnt to give everything a coat of sealant in the hope of prolonging life.

Rebecca said...

It looks like it was really nice. Sorry you lost it.

Post a Comment