Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lost Ladybug Project

Hippodamia convergens on a verbena bloom

A different Hippodamia convergens

Hippodamia convergens freshly pupaed

Hippodamia convergens, the same freshly pupaed

I took my camera out awhile and, during my wanderings, came across two ladybugs to submit to the Lost Ladybug Project. What's the Lost Ladybug Project? Researchers at Cornell University are asking kids and adults to shoot photos of ladybugs across the nation so they can survey species. Check out their website! One of my two articles on ladybugs and the project (published in Jakes children's magazine) is posted there under the "media" link. The other article, "Ladybug Lookout," appeared in the August 2009 issue of Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine.

P.S. Here's a ladybug in our Wildscape that won't make it to the Lost Ladybug Project! :-)

James gave her to me for our fourth anniversary (May 2). Our neighbor, Linda, had already bought it at Blanco Gardens, but she insisted that James take it and give it to me. We have wonderful neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment