Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wow cool

This morning, I'm at my desk, as usual, researching in preparation for an article on Texas redbuds. As I wander around the Internet, looking for interesting tidbits of information, I sometimes go off the path and happen onto something else...

Like on the Rock Rose, a blog written by Lancashire Rose in Austin, I read about her recent certification as a Wildlife Habitat through the National Wildlife Federation. She was right–it was a SNAP to get our own Wildscape certified! Application was $15, $25 more for a yard sign. In a matter of three minutes or so, I winged through the online application. Cool! Thanks, Lancashire Rose!


Then on the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center site, I happened onto a link for the Patsy Glenn Refuge in Wimberley. It sounds like an amazing, wonderful area for naturalists. James and I envision our own Wildscape evolving into a special place for local school children to come and learn. That's our dream.

Back to learning about redbuds....

No comments:

Post a Comment