Friday, March 2, 2012

Adventures here in our Wildscape

BEAUTIFUL DAY! Thank you, Lord! I took my camera outside, and it was just one adventure after another in our lovely Wildscape!

 
James moved "furniture" around, namely our concrete bench.

It's amazing what lives UNDER ROCKS. James pointed out this pseudoscorpion. He was a little booger to photograph because he wouldn't stand still. I was going to delete this photo, then I spotted the little spider lurking on the side of the rock. See it?



Under one big rock, we saw these larvae, likely an ant species. James wanted to go fetch killing powder, but I asked him nicely to hold off.
Then I saw this little rough earth snake, which had also been living under the rock. After I snapped a few frames, it slithered down into the leaf debris.

I believe this is wild poinsettia (Euphorbia heterophylla).

An orange sulphur (Colias eurytheme)
You just never know what's lurking among the green leaves. I spotted this green crab spider, poised and ready to grab a passing meal.

I saw something buzzing over the mulch in our back yard garden and managed to get one good shot of this scarab beetle. Perhaps Euphoria inda

The coral honeysuckle has been blooming a little.

And the spiderwort 'Purple' is about to burst with blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment