Saturday, March 16, 2013

Llano Lawn and Garden Show


Hey, what a beautiful day to get out and drive up to Llano! James got to go, too. I was among six speakers who gave 30-minute presentations during the Llano Lawn and Garden Show, hosted by the Llano Master Gardeners and held at the St. James Lutheran Church. Bill Luedecke, who's a fellow Master Naturalist with my Highland Lakes chapter, discussed getting gardens ready for spring planting. He's a Master Gardener, too. I talked about our Texas Wildscape. This morning was a first for me: I used my iPad and the KeyNote app to produce and give a program that's much like PowerPoint. It went GREAT! Thanks again to Commander Ben, for introducing me to this set-up.

Thank you, too, Julia Woodall for inviting me to the show. We had a great time. I even won a door prize! A gardening hat and two pairs of garden gloves (size Small–perfect fit). Now if we can just win a $25,000 kitchen remodeling sweepstakes that I entered yesterday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment