Friday, April 5, 2019

Milkweed update

This spring's winner...
This is a notes-to-myself type of post. I never can remember who comes up first every spring. Last spring, I waited and waited for one of two my butterflyweeds to resprout. I finally gave up. Then it appeared! So exciting. Once again, one of my two butterflyweeds is slow in returning. Fingers crosssed!
No sign of second butterflyweed yet....
My green milkweed (Asclepias viridis) has returned!
One antelope horn (a volunteer) has returned.
But not the other one (another volunteer).

UPDATE APRIL 9, 2019 
 Look what showed up near my Texas milkweed! This looks like a green milkweed. We'll see. For the life of me, I can't remember planting one here. But maybe I did?

 And look who's showing up! My other volunteer antelope horns! O happy day!

UPDATE APRIL 29, 2019 
 
 The second butterfly weed is coming up!
Another milkweed is coming back up, too.
 

1 comment:

sandy lawrence said...

I was wondering what variety of milkweed to plant this fall & your post tells me what to try. Since the Antelope Horn variety was a volunteer for you, that seems a pretty good bet for a first try for me! Thanks!

Post a Comment