Saturday, April 13, 2019

Wildflower Center plant sale

The alarm woke us up Friday at 6:30 a.m. "You sure you still wanna go?" James asked. 

Part of me was tempted to stay in bed. The other part reminded me that It's always so much fun to go to a plant sale!

So off we went to another native plant sale at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! It was members-only Friday, but OH, MAN, was it ever crowded! People everywhere! 

Start 'em out early!

My patient and very supportive husband, James.
I believe these are green milkweed vine plants germinated from seeds that I contributed to the center last year. Hello, kiddos! I knew your mama!

Look who I ran into! Mary Pearl Meuth, assistant program coordinator with the Texas Master Naturalist program. We're buds.
At one point during the morning, the check-out line was LONG. 

So we decided to wait about paying and do some hiking around. This scrub jay didn't mind us at all.
WOW, there are so many new areas to explore now at the center! It's always fun to go there. I'm so glad we did. Plus–OF COURSE–I bought some new friends to take home and plant. Post to follow.








No comments:

Post a Comment