Monday, April 1, 2019

Zipping on my 60th

Think think think–what could I do for my big 6-0 birthday? In bed Thursday night, I read some ideas on the Internet. One suggested "Climb something big." Well, I'd just done that recently with my friend, Shena, when we climbed Enchanted Rock. What else? OH, what about ZIP-LINING!? So I did a little research and found three companies near Austin that offer zipping experiences. We settled on Cypress Valley Canopy Tours west of Austin, and I booked two 10 a.m. tours for Friday, March 29. 

Lucky us–we had the tour ALL TO OURSELVES. Our guides, Grady and Ferris, kindly put up with us for nearly two hours as we zipped through the trees on five different lines.
Before we could zip, we had to pass "ground school."
 


Our guide, Grady.
There goes Ferris.


James flies through the trees.

Ferris goes like the wind.

Treehouses are available for overnight stays.
We even got to rappel.

A video of my first zip.

A video of James zipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment