Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Corny but true

 
I say corny because I nearly just CRIED this morning as I walked around our Wildscape. But it's true because everything is just utterly stunning. All the blooms moved me to near tears. Isn't God just the most awesome Designer?

That's groundsel busting out. Can you see the bluebonnets we transplanted from our neighbor Jerri's patch? She insisted that we take some to plant near our signs.
Four-nerve daisy and culinary sage in bloom.
More transplanted bluebonnets in front of our sign.
 

Mostly prairie verbena along with some bluebonnets.

Yellow honeysuckle

Pink evening primrose in FULL force (top right).
Square bud primroses starting to bloom (touch of yellow).
Our crowd of pink evening primroses.
Spiderwort about to wind up.
The dayflowers sharing their glory.

Coral honeysuckle is a non-stop bloomer.
Brazos penstemon about to flower. Then I saw the crossvine! Wow!

The beauty can be overwhelming.

Our giant coneflowers will put on their show later.

My transplanted wildflowers are doing well.

My new Texas persimmon (inside the rock circle) looks great. See my GIANT fragrant gaillardia (far right)? CAN'T WAIT for it to bloom!

Salvias are blooming, too.
Another area of transplanted and reseeded wildflowers. Can you spot the tiny bluebonnet on the far left?

I'm so proud of these globemallows, a TRUE Blanco County native.

Globemallow close up.

4 comments:

Rock rose said...

Doesn't it seem as though every spring wildflower is blooming right now? I love that globe mallow. Do you have the variety. I have never seen that color before.

Melody said...

Sheryl, I am always amazed at what a wonderful, awesome Creator God is! We are just His hands, helping to take care of His garden. You've done a great job bringing beauty to your yard!

TexasDeb said...

Sheryl, is that mallow angustifolia? I've seen lots of the orange globemallow growing around Austin, but not one with pink blooms. I'm with Jenny - those are striking! And that yellow honeysuckle is gorgeous... There's a lot to love in those beds!

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Yes, I believe they are Sphaeralcea angustifolia. James transplanted one from a ranch east of town several years ago.

Post a Comment