Sunday, April 12, 2015

New transplants etc.

Lanceleaf coreopsis and lyreleaf sage
On our way home last Thursday from a business trip near Conroe, I lusted after a plant with yellow flowers that I'd spotted growing in huge numbers off the highway. Yes, we stopped so I could get one. We also stopped along the road so James could dig up a coreopsis for me. A freebie lyreleaf sage came along, too. There were LOTS of them growing in that spot.

Below is my longbract wild indigo (Baptisia bracteata var. leucophaea), which I potted up as well. It's looking a little puny, but I'm hoping it survives. Time will tell.
Longbract wild indigo
For grins, here are some other seedlings and transplants I've got going. Anyone want a flame acanthus? I've got at least four of those and more in the gardens (once you have one flame acanthus, you're set for life.) I also have a spiderwort potted up. Want it? That's a yellow yucca on the bottom, and a little tasajillo in the bottom right corner. Over in the top left corner, those are two legume plants, species yet to be determined. I found them growing in a garden path last year so I dug them up and put them in pots to see what they were. Haven't figured them out yet. I love a good mystery. Don't you?

1 comment:

TexasDeb said...

East Texas is ahead of us, bloom wise (or ahead of me anyway). My coreopsis have all sorts of buds waving above but no blooms. Yet. Won't be long!

I'm excited - our coral yucca send up bloom stalks every year and the deer get them all, every year. This time one central stalk shot up tall enough fast enough and it looks like we'll finally get a bloom! I'm ridiculously pleased.

Post a Comment