Friday, April 21, 2017

A bordered patch miracle!

Right time. Right place. That's what happened to me awhile ago. I took a photo of a bordered patch (Chlosyne lacinia) caterpillar, then a few minutes later noticed something different about it. That's when I realized what was underway! I switched my point-and-shoot to video and did the best I could at capturing the process....What a miracle to witness!

UPDATE: Here's a photo (below) taken April 26, 2017....
UPDATE: Photos (below) taken May 7, 2017....

UPDATE: Photo (below) taken May 12, 2017....
UPDATE: Photo (below) taken May 18, 2017....
UPDATE: Photos (below) taken May 19, 2017....GONE! See the hole in the chysalis? Total of 24 days from formation to release.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredible!

CF said...

Wow! Talk about in the right place at the right time. 😊

Ragna said...

How neat to capture that on video! Hmmm, wondering if that is a real stick below the caterpillar? ... :-)

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Ragna, now you got me looking at that stick!! LOL!

Post a Comment